We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
The price of the LG SK9000 varies from different retailers. Amazon was found to have the lowest price of all the retailers at the time of the search for the LG SK9000. Prices change so I would advise to click on the retailers to the right and type LG SK9000 in the search of the site to check the price. I have also included customer reviews below, the reviews are different on every site. So again the best option is to check the sites by clicking on the retailers to the right, and a new tab will open directly to that site. Good luck with your purchase, and have a great day!
- LG SUPER UHD TV with AI (Artificial Intelligence) ThinQ has the Google Assistant built in, so you can control compatible smart home devices using just your voice through the LG Magic Remote. Create a center for your smart home and beyond. Plus it works with Amazon Alexa devices (sold separately).
- α7 Intelligent Processor enhances 4K HDR content for a truly cinematic experience. Enjoy a more lifelike picture with superior depth, sharpness, and remarkably accurate color.
- Full array local dimming results in better picture quality. This more precise local dimming control enhances the contrast and maintains deep black levels while reducing light bleed.
- 4K Cinema HDR on LG SUPER UHD TV with AI ThinQ features comprehensive support of major high dynamic range formats including Dolby Vision, as well as HDR10 and HLG, both with LG’s advanced tone-mapping technology that provides scene-by-scene optimization.
- Dolby Atmos is the same audio technology developed for state-of-the-art cinemas, with immersive sound that appears to come from everywhere, putting you in the middle of all the excitement.
- Nano Cell Display has an expanded color gamut to deliver truer colors. It also absorbs unwanted light and reduces reflectivity to assure deeper black levels, even at a wider viewing angle.
- Inputs: 4 HDMI, 3 USB, 1 RF, 1 Composite in, 1 Ethernet, 1 Optical, 1 RS232C (Mini Jack) and Audio Return Channel Support via HDMI.
- Dimensions (Wx H x D): TV without stand 48.5″ x 27.9″ x 2.5″, TV with stand: 48.5″ x 30.6″ x 9.8″
Customer’s honest reviews and opinion about the product.
(Definitely click on the UPDATED review’s at the bottom of the page)
August 4, 2018
I am providing two separate reviews on this product: First a review of the actual television then a review of Amazon’s Delivery Service.
This is an excellent television that is currently rated at 3.5 stars. I am giving it 5 stars because in my opinion this product is seriously underrated and it is as good any Samsung Television worth $400 more (such as the Samsung QLED Q7F). Here’s my simple rule of thumb: If you can’t tell the difference is it WORTH the difference? I did the usual showroom visits. I compared Samsung and LG screens side-by-side. I could not observe any noticeable differences. There are people that “see things” that I have never noticed and that spend a lot of time learning about local dimming, black frame insertion, motion interpolation, stutter, judder, etcetera. If you are inclined to take a master’s course in picture quality analytics by all means do so and be prepared to spend north of $3,000 to find the television that performs best according to these measures. I simply looked at the Consumer Report ratings and the Rtings online scores. Both sites validate the quality and performance of this particular model. I also happened to have recently purchased a smaller Samsung unit and picture-wise they are in the same league. Just about the only component where I would rate the Samsung higher is the remote control. I find the Samsung remote to be sleeker.
Amazon Delivery Service I would rate at 2 stars. Be aware that this product did not qualify for scheduled delivery. I could not track my delivery in the same way I can when I order spare tires for my bike! All I had was a delivery date (2 Day Prime Shipping), but no detail on the carrier. I never received a call. I was lucky enough that my girlfriend happened to be home when the knocked the door. They placed the box in my living room and left! She was never asked to sign anything! I would have gladly paid an extra $100 for a delivery service that would have unpacked the unit, connected it and removed the old model.
May 11, 2018
Upgraded to a Xbox One X so I figured it was pretty much required to purchase a 4k tv. I stream all my shows through my Xbox so outside my Xbox experience I couldn’t say anything else. I have always liked LG products and have never had a problem with them. In my opinion LG makes the best TVs. This TV is great. Awesome picture. One thing I must say in this TVs defense is I have NEVER had a tv that you could not see light bleed on a dark picture in a dark room. Sure some are worse than others but still. The only way you are not going to get some sort of light bleed is to spend the money on an OLED TV. Period. Now I would have purchased and OLED instead of this but there are know issues with OLED TVs and burn-in and image retention with games. Seeing how my Xbox is the hub of my entertainment system I was not going to risk it. So I went for the next best thing that was not an OLED TV being this series of LGs Tv’s. And I’m glad I did!
If you want the best picture possible and have the money, get and OLED TV. Nothing beats it.
If you are like me and not a risk taker when it comes to spending over $1000. Get this TV. It would be a different thing if LG’s product warranty covered image retention and burn in on OLED TVs but they do not.
Picture settings are a little advanced so it took some time to get this dialed into my liking. As for light halo issue, if you turn LED local dimming OFF it removes this effect. However I recommend you keep it on low because it’s a nice feature and really darkens up the dark scenes.
May 7, 2018
July 18, 2018
May 25, 2018