We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
The price of the Sonos PLAYBAR Soundbar varies from different retailers. Amazon was found to have the lowest price of all the retailers at the time of the search for the Sonos PLAYBAR Soundbar. Prices change so I would advise to click on the retailers to the right and type Sonos PLAYBAR Soundbar in the search of the site to check the price. I have also included customer reviews below, the reviews are different on every site. So again the best option is to check the sites by clicking on the retailers to the right, and a new tab will open directly to that site. Good luck with your purchase, and have a great day!
- Complements HD television screens with crisp and powerful sound from nine amplified speaker drivers. Wirelessly streams all your favorite music services too
- Connect your Playbar to any Amazon Echo or Alexa-enabled device, then just ask for the music you love
- Syncs wirelessly with other Sonos speakers so you can listen to TV or music in perfect sync, throughout your home
- Pair with two PLAY:1s and a SUB for a 5.1 surround system, the ultimate home theater experience
- Simple two-cord setup. One for power and one for the TV. Control from your existing TV remote, or wirelessly connect on the Sonos app from your smart device
- Enhances speech for extra clarity. Turn on night sound to enhance quiet sounds at lower volumes and reduce the intensity of loud sounds. WiFi, not Bluetooth – Connects to your home WiFi network with any 802.11b/g, 2.4 GHz broadcast-capable router for uninterrupted wireless streaming
Customer’s honest reviews and opinion about the product.
(Definitely click on the UPDATED review’s at the bottom of the page)
September 9, 2017
No problems so far. The audio quality from the PLAYBAR is superb, but bass tones are greatly enhanced by the subwoofer, which is a costly, but in my opinion mandatory purchase. Using the PLAYBAR/SUB tandem, streamed music sounds “in person.” I may get a couple of the Sonos play 1 speakers to arrange a surround setup. Anyone who criticizes the price of these items, might also criticize Festool for selling a miter saw for almost $1500. The saw is virtually dustless, just as the soundbar/subwoofer is virtually flawless. Value is a very personal thing. For me Sonos has satisfied my requisites for a very pleasurable listening experience. The system is highly recommended.
June 18, 2018
We have had the Playbar for 3 years and still can not recommend this as a good purchase. The crux of the issue is volume imbalance in films. Spoken dialogue is too quiet while action scenes are window-shaking loud. It doesn’t matter if it is Netflix, Hulu, or movies, we have to turn up the volume during spoken dialogue scenes and then scramble to turn down the volume when a gunshot, explosion, or similar happens. This has been an issue reported by countless users on Sonos forums, still unsolved to date.
Sonos claims that their Trueplay Tuning, Night Mode, and Speech Enhancement features address this, but we and many others confirm they certainly do not.
It’s a shame that an otherwise very nicely executed soundbar fails so dramatically at doing the very basic thing it should: improve the sound from your TV.
Bottom line: spend your $700 somewhere else.
January 31, 2018
April 24, 2017
May 12, 2017